Occupational Health & Safety News
Parking: Only UConn permits with Area 2 access can park in our immediate vicinity (Area 1, Area 2 and Garage permits). Other permits and guests - See more...KFS and EHS: What you need to know. Commodity Codes in KFS automatically route requisitions to EHS for approval as applicable. See more.....
Easy Laptop Ergonomics--a Video Reminder
PPE and the Workplace Hazard Assessment --How to comply with the OSHA requirements for Personal Protective Equipment in the workplace.
ABOUT US: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Sectionís role is to promote and protect the health and safety of University employees, and to promote University compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA, CT DPH, and other worker safety regulations. The OHS section provides services covering a broad range of worker safety issues that affect the health and well-being of University faculty and staff working in a variety of settings, including the maintenance and construction trades, technical fields, food service, custodial services, farm services, protective services, and office and administrative areas. The OHS section develops policies and programs, conducts training, responds to complaints and referrals, and performs workplace consultations, audits, and accident investigations. Health and safety issues covered by the section include: asbestos, lead, non-laboratory chemical use and handling, electrical safety, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, industrial vehicle safety, noise exposure, machinery and equipment safety, trenching and excavations, ergonomics, and indoor air quality.
Terri Dominguez, Manager, 486-0981
- General OSHA and workplace safety questions in non-laboratory settings
- specialty areas: ergonomics, indoor air quality, mold, pesticide safety, ventilation
Valerie Brangan, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist II, 486-2982
- asbestos, hazard communication, hearing conservation, lead, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection
Rich Kula, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist II, 486-3190
- accident investigations, aerial lifts, confined space entry, electrical safety, fall protection, industrial vehicle/equipment safety, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, scaffolds, trenching and excavation safety
Dennis Demers, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist I, 486-2229
- workplace environmental monitoring, general workplace safety inspections/surveys